Facial Cleanser

My last two product run-downs have ended on a bummer note, so I think it's time to tackle something I've had better luck with: face wash.



In my inaugural post, I mentioned that I was probably exfoliating too often pre-perioral dermatitis. However, it's because I loved this Oil Free Acne Wash from Neutrogena, which smelled like delicious grapefruits and added a little zing to my day. I was really worried that no natural (non-exfoliating) cleanser was going to make my face feel as fresh in the mornings. 



Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream
Target, $7
First Impressions: "Wooo! That certainly does have some zing to it!"
Pros: I like this cleanser because the ingredients make my face tingle a little bit, which gives me that clean, wake-up feeling I thought I wouldn't be able to replace. The cream feels thick and does a nice job.
Cons: None after 2 years of use!



Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser
Amazon, $8
First Impressions: "This definitely moisturizes better."
Pros: Since I'm still struggling to find the right lotion for my face this winter, I decided to try a more moisturizing face wash, and this definitely fits the bill. It doesn't have any of the same zing as the soap bark cleanser (by design), but it feels smooth and leaves my skin noticeably softer.
Cons: None after 1 month of use!


Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub
Target, $5
First Impressions: "Exfoliating beads, I have missed you."
Pros: Maybe it's because I've been wanting to exfoliate for SO LONG, but this felt amazing. It comes out a little thinner than my old Neutrogena scrub, but that's to be expected given that this one has more natural ingredients. I've limited myself to once a week with this stuff, and I'm happy to say I've been able to exfoliate without irritating my skin.
Cons: None after one month of use!




 
All opinions are purely mine - I receive no compensation or commission for reviewing these products.

Comments

Popular Posts