Moisturizer

For my first product rundown, I'm going to focus on facial moisturizer, because it was the thing I felt I needed MOST when I was first diagnosed with PD.

I typically want two kinds of moisturizer on-hand: one to wear under makeup during the day, and one to slather on at night to keep my forehead and cheeks from drying out. 

My old moisturizer used to work well for both.
Yes, my giant jug of Aveeno was my trusty go-to for many, many years. When the reckoning began and I started combing through the ingredients of all of my products, I was very sad to discover that this lotion contains parabens. And thus, I began looking for a new moisturizer.

Here's what I've tried so far:


Yes To Blueberries Daily Repairing Moisturizer 


Target, $7
First Impressions: "Hey, this is kinda small. Ooh, it smells good!"
Pros: Lightweight, easy to apply under makeup in the morning
Cons: Doesn't absorb well in the summer, doesn't moisturize well enough in the dry peak of winter

Andalou Naturals Oil Control Beauty Balm with SPF30
Amazon, $14
First Impressions: "Wow, everything natural is just small and expensive, huh?"
Pros: SPF makes me feel like I'm being more responsible about my face, makeup goes on very well over this, more of a "matte" feel than other moisturizers. 
Cons: By the end of the day, I sometimes felt like it had stopped up my pores. Doesn't do much for dry spots.


Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream
Amazon, $10
First Impressions: "This feels suspiciously similar to the Daily Repairing Moisturizer..."
Pros: Smells pleasant, works just as well or maybe slightly better than the Yes to Blueberries.  It definitely feels better in the summer than the blueberries one. I've been using it as my daily moisturizer for almost a year. I've gotten over the small size - it means I can fly with it in my carry-on.
Cons: Definitely doesn't feel like a night cream... still has more of a "watery" texture than I want from a lotion.

MarryAnn's Naturals Organic Handcrafted Eye Cream
Amazon, $20
First Impressions: "This is somehow half the size and double the price of everything else I've tried? Ooh, it kinda smells like chocolate..."
Pros: Hydrates very well, smells nice, finally feels thick enough to be something I would use as night cream. I've been using it around my eyes and also across my forehead and cheeks at night for at least 6 months.
Cons: Only that it's a little tough to get out of the container once you get past the first quarter of the jar

Andalou Naturals Ultra Sheer Daily Defense Facial Lotion SPF18
CVS Impulse Buy, $14
First Impressions: "Wow, this stuff feels way better than any moisturizer I've used in the last two years!"
Pros: It felt absolutely lovely and is the only thing that has conquered those dry spots on my forehead during the work day. Bonus, SPF.
Cons: My face broke out with PD after lunch. It doesn't have any of my normal trigger ingredients, but I'm wondering if it's because it's a chemical sunscreen (contains Avobenzone, etc.) rather than a mineral one. Anddd this is why I can't have nice things.


Moisturizer Summary:
I'm allergic to all the chemicals that make skincare products feel nice. I know this. And yet, I really want to treat my face better than I do. I love supporting a nice lady in Oregon, and will happily keep buying MaryAnn's. The Andalou Beauty Balm will be my go-to for summer days when I really want my makeup to stick, but not for daily use. I will continue to use Yes to Cucumbers for now, though I think I'll branch out and see if I can find anything that moisturizes better during the winter. Stay tuned!


All opinions are purely mine - I receive no compensation or commission for reviewing these products.

Comments

  1. I'M TRISHA NELSON I contracted HIV in 2O16, I was told by my doctor that there's no possible cure for HIV. I started taking my ARVs, My CD4 was 77 and the viral load was 112,450. I saw a website of Dr. James, also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses herbal medicine to cure HIV. I contacted him and told him my problems, He sent me the herbal medicine and I took it for 3 weeks,after that I went for a check-up and I was cured of HIV . his herbal medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT AND EASY TO DRINK, there's no special diet when taking Dr James herbal medicine. He also cure Epilepsy Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy,Hpv,Weak Erection,Wart Remover. Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic, Wart Remover, Melasma,parkinson,perioral dermatitis,thyroid, DIABETES, CANCER HPV, ALS, HEPATITIS B, KIDNEY DISEASES, HERPES,SHINGLES. and lots more. You can reach him on..[.DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM] thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts