Body Lotion

Spring is finally showing some signs of life here in New England, thus bringing some reprieve to a seemingly endless season of dry skin. 

Like most of my skincare routine, lotion was something I barely thought about before I developed PD. I used the same lotion for everything - body, face, sunblock, under-makeup primer - everything. 


RIP to my favorite one-trick pony. Darn you, parabens.

Unlike other areas of skincare struggle, I found something that worked well fairly quickly. 


Andalou Naturals Body Lotion, Mandarin Vanilla

Amazon, $19
First Impressions: Lightweight and effective.
Pros: It was light, smelled pleasant, and didn't leave me feeling oily or slick in the summer.
Cons: I sometimes wished it was thicker after shaving my legs in the winter. My legs get itchy if they're not properly moisturized. Also, in the last 6 months, this has become impossible to find. As of today it appears to be available on Amazon again, but for $29.99. Sorry, but no thanks! I set out to find something thicker and cheaper.


Burt's Bees Cocoa and CupuaƇu Butters Body Lotion
Target, $9
First Impressions: Yesssssssssssssss.
Pros: This stuff is good. My husband has started using it on his severely dry, chapped winter hands and swears it is changing his life. It's much thicker than the Andalou and did a great job keeping my legs and elbows itch-free all winter.
Cons: None so far! I can imagine this might be a little too rich for summer use, but maybe by then I'll have enough money saved up to switch back to Andalou.

Wish I could share a longer list for you all, but I got lucky with these two! Do you find that you have to switch lotions from summer to winter, or is that just a paraben-free problem?


Comments

Popular Posts