Moisturizer II

Since we're coming around to those dry, winter months again I thought I would share some promising updates with you in the realm of facial moisturizer. In my last post I lamented that I couldn't find anything thick enough to combat dry skin in the winter, and that I couldn't find anything light enough for summer that contained SPF. Here is what I have tried since then:


Yes to Grapefruit Even Skin Tone Moisturizer SPF 15

Amazon, $11

First Impressions: So far this is the thickest of the "Yes to" varieties I've tried, likely because of the SPF. 
Pros: Thicker while still feeling light, doesn't clog pores nearly as much as other SPF moisturizers I've tried
Cons: While this works okay here and there, I didn't find it to be moisturizing enough to use every day. 

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage
Amazon, $7 (as a Prime add-on)
First Impressions: Jackpot.
Pros: This lotion feels thick and creamy, and it smells like a delightful blend of herbs. It is the ONLY THING I have found along the way that moisturizes well in the dead of winter.
Cons: None so far, but I did notice as I was pulling up the Amazon link for this that the packaging appears to have changed, which means my spidey senses are tingling. The ingredients still look okay, but I always get nervous that the formula has changed when stuff like this goes down. 

Acure Radically Rejuvenating Resurfacing Cream
Grove.co, $17
First Impressions: My husband is obsessed with the smell of this. He tells me I smell like "delicious, delicious bug spray," which makes no sense, but I'm happy he's happy.
Pros: Technically this isn't a moisturizer, but I loved using it under make-up this summer. It's light and helps my skin feel nourished without feeling heavy or greasy at all.
Cons: It appears to have been discontinued before I could even order my second tube. I'm heartbroken. If you hear that Acure has revamped this formula or started calling it something else, please let me know!


Moisturizer Outlook:
I will keep using the Burt's Bees as my daily moisturizer this fall and winter, provided that the new packaging doesn't mean a change in the product. I am also still using the eye cream I wrote about previously, made by a nice lady in Oregon. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me to find something light for next summer. I'm thinking about going the more expensive route and getting a facial SPF/serum to use in addition to moisturizer; has anyone had luck in that department?

All opinions are purely mine - I receive no compensation or commission for reviewing these products.

Comments

Popular Posts